Get your Virtual Phone Number in Germany
First things first: what is a virtual phone number?
A virtual phone number is a phone number that is not associated with a physical phone line. Instead, it is routed to a device of your choice, such as your smartphone, computer, or landline phone. Virtual phone numbers can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Receiving and making calls from anywhere in the world with a local German phone number
- Creating a professional business presence in Germany without having to rent an office space
- Protecting your privacy by using a different phone number for different purposes
How to get a German virtual phone number
With ClevverNumber, it is easy to set up your German virtual phone number. To get one, you will need to choose between a tollfree, national or a geographic number. You will then need to activate it by providing your payment information.
Once your number is activated, you can start using it immediately. You can choose to have your calls routed to your smartphone, computer, or landline phone. You can also set up voicemail and call forwarding.
Picking the right type of number
ClevverNumber offers three types of phone numbers:
- Geographic: Local phone numbers tied to a particular city or region, such as Paris or Barcelona. These numbers are widely recognized, valued, and trusted by customers.
- National: Numbers that can be reached from anywhere in the country at the same price as a local phone call. National phone numbers are not tied to a particular local area or city.
- Toll-Free: Telephone numbers with distinct three-digit codes that can be dialed from landlines with no charge for the person placing the call. Toll-free numbers allow callers to reach businesses without any charge and are often used for customer service calling.
Advantages of using a German virtual phone number
- Work remotely with geographical flexibility: A virtual number lets you provide customer support across time zones using any device with an internet connection. Route incoming calls from specific regions or countries to another device or to the right agents. You can use your German virtual phone number from anywhere in the world, which is ideal for businesses that operate internationally or have remote employees.
- Professionalism: Having a German phone number can give your business a more professional image, especially if you are targeting German customers.
- Affordability: German virtual phone numbers are typically very affordable, especially when compared to the cost of renting a physical office space in Germany.
- Increase outbound call pickup rates: Choose a local virtual number to provide services to your customers from familiar numbers. When a customer sees a local caller ID instead of an unfamiliar international number, they’re more likely to answer the phone.
Who can benefit from using a German virtual phone number?
German virtual phone numbers can be beneficial for a variety of businesses and individuals, including:
- Small businesses: virtual phone numbers can help small businesses to save money on office space and administrative costs.
- Startups: German virtual phone numbers can help startups to project a more professional image to potential customers and investors.
- Freelancers: virtual phone numbers can help freelancers to separate their personal and business lives.
- Expats: German virtual phone numbers can help expats to stay connected with their friends and family in Germany
Your Virtual Phone Number with Clevver
One of the many benefits of your Clevvermail account is the ability to have a local address, but when it comes to customer contact that is only half the story. Being able to contact you via a local phone number is perhaps one of the most important things a customer is looking for from any business, and our phone number service allows you to have exactly that.
It gives a sense of trust to customers in that you cannot be far away with a local number and ensures that they only ever pay local rates to call you, although of course you can redirect your calls to any phone you wish anywhere in the world.
The number you obtain is tied to the local address you get through Clevvermail, and builds the idea that you are a local business for any customers. When expanding into a new market such as Germany, this can be extremely beneficial; whether you are selling to individual customers or operating a business to business endeavour, a local phone number engenders a level of trust that an ostensibly overseas company simply cannot. Whilst we all appreciate the connected world, it is still true that most people like to keep things local when money is involved.
Being able to enter new markets, such as Germany, with a local address, phone number and other local attributes such as bank accounts makes what used to be an incredibly risky move to expand into a new country much more cost efficient. Clevver ensures that upfront costs are kept to a minimum, and ongoing overheads for your virtual presence in Germany is cost efficient and controlled.
For any business that wants to take full advantage of the possibilities that Germany brings to any organization, the combination of ClevverMail and ClevverNumber in Germany is the perfect solution to having local presence and gain the trust and confidence of the local market without the expense of a full physical move to the market.
Any business can be global with Clevver, and with it take advantage of the kind of opportunities available in prosperous, business friendly economies such as Germany. Get started today with Clevver and make your future global.