- Belizean government provides high confidentiality for the business structures incorporated here;
- In Belize, there is a closed registry of business owners;
- The country maintains moderate tax policies;
- It takes little time to open a company in this jurisdiction;
- No annual financial and tax reports are required, no audits are conducted in Belize;
- Clevver is ready to set up a company in Belize remotely and for a competitive price.
In the context of current international activity, Belize is attracting more and more attention from business owners seeking to move beyond their state, to countries with a stable economy and a favorable tax climate. In 1981, freed from the colonial rule of England, Belize became an independent jurisdiction. The official language of the country is English.
Company registration in Belize requires a professional legal approach, which can be obtained when cooperating with Clevver. Our experts on incorporation are well-versed in the matter; we provide a full package of essential documentation on incorporation in the jurisdiction digitally and constant customer support.
Company in Belize — Legislation
Legislation of Belize regulating business structures incorporated here:
- Belize International Companies Act, 1990.
- Belize Trusts Act, 1992.
- Belize Private Foundations Act, 2010.
Company Structure and Mandatory Requirements
- To register a company in Belize requires a minimum of one shareholder and a minimum of one director (director and shareholder may be the same individual, resident, or non-resident of the country of incorporation).
- There is no prerequisite for the presence of local shareholders/directors in the company;
- Shareholders and directors can be legal entities;
- It is mandatory to have a registered address and a registered agent in Belize;
- The company name must be in English and checked for presence in the registry.
- Nominee service is permitted.
Tax Rates in Belize
In a case, the incorporated company in Belize is non-resident, it is fully exempt from VAT except for a fixed annual fee and local taxes. The tax rate for international commercial companies is as follows:
- 1.75% of taxable income in excess of $1.5 million;
- 3% on taxable income of less than $1.5 million.
Corporate tax rates range from 1.75% to 19%, depending on the activity. For example, most businesses pay 1.75% of the corporate tax rate; professional business services pay 6%.
The resident company must pay to the state 25% of the financial turnover of the company, and the profitability level of the business does not matter. The amount of the annual fee of companies in Belize depends on the amount of previously declared share capital, the rates are fixed and have the following values:
- For the amount of capital up to $50,000, the fixed fee to the state budget is $100 per year;
- For the amount of capital of $50,000 or more, the fixed fee to the state treasury is $1,000 per year;
- If a company issues shares at no par value, it must remit $350 annually to the local state treasury.
Economic Substance Act (ESA)
The IBCs (international business companies) must comply with the Economic Substance Act (ESA) in Belize, which came into force on October 11, 2019. They are required to report annually under the ES. The compliance with the ESA as well as reporting deadlines depends on the date of incorporation of the company. You can apply to our legal specialists to find out more on the matter.
Incorporation in Belize with Clevver
Incorporation of a business in Belize with Clevver — it is always close attention to the legal aspects of the matter, a highly qualified team of professionals, the digital process of company registration, and more than reasonable prices for the service.
Contact Us to Receive:
- The entirely digital process of registering a business structure;
- Establishment of all the essential documents for company formation remotely;
- Affordable pricing for the incorporation service in Belize;
- Individual and highly-professional approach to each customer.
Belize is a great place to register your organization because the government of the country has done everything to make this process as painless and fast as possible. The online company registration service with Clevver is swift and affordable, allowing you to start a business in Belize effortlessly.
The talented professionals at Clevver will help you incorporate your company in Belize in the shortest possible time and on the best terms. For more information click here.